Sunday, October 12, 2014

Tchaikovsky...Violin Concerto in D Major op.35




Sayaka Shoji was the first Japanese and youngest winner, at sixteen, of the Paganini Competition in Genoa in 1999.
She was born into an artistic family and spent her childhood in Siena, Italy. She studied at Hochschule für Musik Köln under Zakhar Bron and graduated in 2004.

Zubin Mehta has been an ardent supporter. When Shoji auditioned for him in 2000, he immediately changed his schedule in order to make her first recording with the Israel Philharmonic possible the following month, then invited her to perform with Bavarian State Opera and Los Angeles Philharmonic. She is so gifted ...enjoy her gift.

3 comments:

  1. Hi PIC ,
    We was talking at almost the same time , I posted right after you ... go look I am on top .
    leave a note here so I will know you got it HUH ???
    Luv PIC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked back and you got it and your note , I can think fat boy and get the giggles .
    Luv YA PIC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey PIC,
    I love that fat boy, bless him. I am glad Man's party went well.
    See you soon.
    Luv ya
    PIC

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs