Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Watcher



I am the watcher, the guardian of your dreams, the sentinel of your soul.
I protect you while you sleep, I watch you while you grow.
I am the shadow that follows you each day to keep you safe from harm,
To guide you on your way, your enemies, I disarm.
I see the joy light up your face; the glowing amber of your eyes.
A simple thing is all it takes: a laugh, a touch, a small surprise.
You never ask much for yourself and yet you have a giving heart.
Of wisdom, you have such a wealth, for one so young.
I have watched your journey from the start and helped you up each time you fell
And seen the darkness fill your eyes when you realized you were not well.
You are different and it makes you sad; so sad it overflows
And crushes your sweet spirit  but you're strong, the watcher knows.
The shades will pass and once again the sunburst of your smile
Will make us warm and hold the grief at bay for a brief and cherished while.
If I could could take the pain away, absorb it deep inside,
No sacrifice would be too great but I have begged and I have cried
And I have thrown away my pride and all I have is love to give.
I would give my life for you and be content if I could see you live
And gain the happiness you've been denied,
If I could watch your dreams unfold, and see you satisfied
And know you'd grow serenely old... but I can just stand by.
I am ...the watcher.


The Genie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs