Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Passage

PASSAGE

 
Time can be a gentle thief; you barely feel his passage as he trails his fingers across
your cheek to write the story of your journey and offer wisdom in his message.
No science can remove his stamp, nor can your travels be erased. He marches forward
with resolve and writes the truth upon your face and steals away your youthful grace.
Don't leave your destiny to providence but take it firmly in your hands and mould
it in an honorable way to brave the capricious whims of fate and so the test of time withstands.
 Fill your days with generosity, make your smile a gift and time will be a steadfast
friend and make your hours of sadness swift and bring you peaceful resolution and in
all ways will uplift. Live each experience with joy and passion: make every moment count.
Don't spend them on contrition or regret; remember, there is little that love cannot surmount.
And  though the universe is timeless and your place in it so small, he does not forget you. 
He awaits us all and steals away our days, quietly discreet,  then comes to write that
final line upon the balance sheet.


A tribute to Nana
The Genie

4 comments:

  1. Oh Genie ,
    just so beautiful and heartfelt , you can feel the love you have for Nana , this tribute made me smile cry , sad and happy to feel the love you have for Nana .

    Just so touching my friend .

    PIC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeannie,
    This is a beautiful, well written tribute. I’m sorry you had to write it. As your mothers' journey ends, it is my hope that you find peace together.

    Not many people get the opportunity to say goodbye and to express their love.

    I’m quite sure your mother knows how much you love her. She’s known you for many years. What transpires between you two over the next few days , weeks , months or years will comfort you as much as her.

    May you find peace in your heart and live the rest of your life without regret. I wish I could ease your pain.

    Your strength will prevail .
    Humble

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello PIC
    So glad you like my poem. You always seem to know what I am feeling. I appreciate that.

    Your friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Humble,
    Thank you for your compliment and kind wishes. I am not really ready to let her go. I guess we are never ready. But this is one more voyage she and I have to take together so I'll be holding her hand.
    I hope you're right that I am up to it.

    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs