Sunday, November 06, 2011

Secret



There is a place I go, not far from here,
When my heart is weary and weighed with fear.
It soothes and calms me; makes me whole.
It is a harbor for my soul,
To ease my trials and daily cares,
To breathe the cool serenity there.
No sanctuary can compare.
 I realize it isn't fair, but my Shangri La I do not share.
Exceptions?
Well, just one, it's true.
I know my secret's safe with you.

Perhaps, one day, I'll take you there; to my oasis, unaware.
To see the mist drift down the hills and count the gilded daffodils.
Beneath an arch of glowing blue, to wander a green avenue
Of branches whispering overhead.
To hear the murmured things they said
And wonder how they got so wise.
The beauty of this special place will flood our senses, drench our eyes.
Perhaps you'll see it as I do and hear your spirit's song renew.
And feel a kind of peace imbue your mind.
But remember, it's a secret too.
Once told,  a place nevermore to find.


Genie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs