Saturday, July 24, 2010

Funnel Cakes - So Simple to Make - Sooo Good Served Warm


Funnel Cake Ingredients:
1 C. flour
3/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 egg
1 cup + 1 T. milk
2 T. sugar
powdered sugar (optional)

Topping:
 -strawberry slices with strawberry syrup, and top that with  ice cream or whipped cream. Could also use apple pie filling sprinkled with cinnamon. Toppings  must be warmed.
Directions: Get a medium sized funnel
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl with wire whisk. In another bowl, beat egg and milk. Add sugar, stir to dissolve. Add dry ingredients and (using electric mixer) beat until smooth.
Heat at least 1 inch of oil to 375 degrees F. in either in a deep fryer or a skillet. To form each funnel cake, place one finger over hole in bottom of funnel. Carefully fill funnel with batter. Over hot oil remove finger and allow batter to drop into oil. Make circular or other shapes with batter. Cook for 1 minute and using tongs or two spatulas turn funnel cake. Cook until golden brown, about another minute or so. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with powdered  sugar (optional) add toppings. Serve warm.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:25:00 PM

    Sweetie...the funnel cakes are so gone, that's what I baked my brood for breakfast , I whipped some cream and and topped it off with strawberries, I always have to double my recipes so I told Sha nad Jill to run next door and get Chris/Anita...Sis and aunt mae don't eat as early as we do.
    The cakes was so yummy they wants them everyday...HA !!
    They better learn to cook.
    Well J/P and the boys will be going on a mini holiday tomorrow, tell them to have a lot of fun.
    See ya...LUV...PIC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:26:00 PM

    I meant I fried those suckers for breakfast...Hahahaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy you all liked the funnel cakes.I remember buying them at the fair and wondering how they made them. I loved mine with strawberries and cream too with a dash of strawberry syrup. I can't eat them now but whenever I go to a fair, I remember the taste.
    The heat seems to be a little less now.It's still pretty muggy though. Things are starting to mold from the humidity, including Nana.I'll have to take her outside to air her out. Pretty dull day here, still trying to get better...See you soon...Be happy...Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs