Monday, May 17, 2010

Low Fat Apple Raisin Bread Pudding ...&... Sugar Free Banana Split Pie

This dessert uses lower-fat ingredients. Apples and whole grain bread are baked with low fat milk and egg substitute mixture for a bread pudding you won't feel guilty eating.

Ingredients:
1/4 C. granulated sugar
1 t. ground cinnamon
2 C. 1% lowfat milk
1 C. egg substitute
1 T. brown sugar
1 1/2 t. vanilla extract
8 slices stone-ground 100% whole-wheat bread, toasted and cut corner-to-corner
2 large apples, cored & diced
I like a good handful of raisins thrown in too
1 1/2 Pint lowfat vanilla frozen yogurt
caramel sauce...(optional)

Method:
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9" square baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Mix sugar & cinnamon. In a bowl, blender, or food processor whisk or blend milk, egg substitute, brown sugar & vanilla extract.
3. Arrange half the toast in baking dish; sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar, apples and raisins. Repeat layers. Pour milk mixture over top.
4. Bake uncovered 40-50 minutes until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cut in squares; top with scoops of frozen yogurt.
6. Drizzle caramel sauce over the whole thing (optional)

Sugar Free Banana Split pie
This recipe will be enjoyed by everyone. Bananas, pudding, and whipped topping are always a hit.

Ingredients :
2 C graham cracker crumbs
1 stick margarine
1/3 C Splenda
1 4-serving-size pkg. sugar-free vanilla instant pudding, mixed as directed
5 Bananas
1 20-oz. can of crushed pinapple in unsweetened syrup, drained
1 8-oz. container frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
1/2 C. chopped walnuts

Method :
Melt butter in a 13x9-inch cake pan. Add graham cracker crumbs and Splenda. Mix, pat down into even layer and bake for 5 minutes and a 300 degree oven then cool. Mix pudding according to package directions and spread on cooled grahm cracker crust. Slice bananas and set into pudding end to end. Cover bananas with drained pineapple. Spread Cool Whip on top and sprinkle with walnuts.

27 comments:

  1. I love your comment under the younger husband post. "Love doesn't ask for proof of age." Right on girl.
    It's the old double standard again.It's okay for men but not for women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DC is on. Callie almost bugs me as much as he does. Eric is kind of annoying too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:33:00 PM

    HI PIC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:35:00 PM

    I think I rather waatch DC than Eric Or Callie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:37:00 PM

    That's why a lot of people miss out on happiness, worrying about what others think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:39:00 PM

    How is everyone? I know Brian is being frisky. Is Nana on her job? Is Maxy still in the RP? [giggles]

    ReplyDelete
  7. How's it goin' PIC?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you watching CSIM??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:44:00 PM

    Most of the CSI:M people is terrible, they make the rest look bad, they don't let Frank say his little smart-ass words, I always looked forward to hearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you liked the bread pudding. It's one of those stodgy English desserts that I loved as a kid.Our version was a lot fattier.We always put fresh cream in it and on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:46:00 PM

    Yes, the local channels are off and on, it's our weather we are in for some rough storms , lucky they haven't been to bad, they have passsed us by.

    ReplyDelete
  12. DC is as bad as usual tonight. He couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag with an axe.He wears a lot of black mascara. If he didn't you wouldn't see his eyes at all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:49:00 PM

    Dad call and Jill told him I made a pudding and he just came in the door and said he was staying the night and maybe the week, we never know where he's going to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did you blow yourself into cyberspace Sweetie??

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous9:51:00 PM

    HA! I was wondering what was wrong with his eyes.
    Do you think he just don't care anymore. I think losing Marg took a toll on him.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous9:53:00 PM

    I'm here...is my comment coming thru?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous9:56:00 PM

    I don't know what's happening, this has happened once before.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll wait for a while.Maybe I'll just slip into the bedroom for a quickie and be right back.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous9:58:00 PM

    I don't know why my comments are not posting.
    I will send you an e-mail and hope you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I looked for a note from Nan over the weekend but no luck.
    Nana has a really bad cold. It settled in her lungs, nasty cough.I really feel sorry for her.I spent a lot of time with her today.I made her laugh and forget her sore throat for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm going to slip away and write a post.I'll check back in a while to see if you are here.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous10:03:00 PM

    I sent you an e-mail so you will know what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous10:07:00 PM

    Your comments are showing up find.
    I'm so glad you made Nana feel better, a bad cough really makes anyone feel bad, I hope she's feeling better. Did you give her a hot toddy with some lemon juice and honey?

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can see that there are 24 comments listed under the post but none of them have turned up on my commputer.We can go to another post or I will email you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous10:21:00 PM

    Nan had to go in for awhile over the weekend, she almost has her stuff together and it will free up a lot of her time.
    She asked me was we still having trouble, I told her no and I won't tell her about this , she says she miss tuning in on us, she would tune in just to see what we was talking about, but she says she don't tune in as much now since the last trouble we had and when she tried to talk with us she called me and told me only the blooger could comment and she ask me had she offended me or you in anyway.
    Nan's feeling is hurt very easy.
    She says she will write you the note.

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs