Friday, March 12, 2010

Tsunamis Around the World


Tsunamis (tidal waves) are becoming bigger and more frequent in the wake of recent earthquakes around the world. If you live in the coastal area of your country, perhaps you should become familiar with the phenomenon. With global warming ,we have climate change and with climate change we get an increase in natural disasters: hurricanes, tornados, floods, earthquakes and tsunamis. We can't hide from these changes and I don't feel we are doing enough to slow global warming. Please care enough to go to a website concerned with 'global warming' and learn what we, as individuals can do about greenhouse gases and climate change.

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/ or http://gcmd.nasa.gov/Resources/pointers/glob_warm.html

2 comments:

  1. I tucked the boys in and came back to find some interesting news.Nothing captured my fancy so I did something very heavy and serious.Close to the end of the footage you will see an older couple swept away by the wave. They obviously drowned. It is pretty graphic.
    There was also a video of a foolish surfer who tried to surf on a huge tsunami. I'm not sure, but I think he didn't make it. He was swallowed by the wave and I didn't see him come out at the end of the tube.I didn't put it on the blog because I don't want to give some other door-knob any ideas.

    By the way I agree with you about the rock classics. They were not in the order I would put them and I don't think all of them belonged on that list...See you when the bats come out and the owls start hooting...PIC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:26:00 PM

    Tsunamis are getting worse and bigger, you never know when or where the next one will strike.
    I watch some of the other videos thats on there about the weird fish and I never heard of a ass fish and some others I haven't heard off.
    Scientists say tsunamis are cause by underwater earthquakes.
    Mother Earth is trying to tell us if we don't slow down and try to control climate change...our planet will shake itself to pieces and, the planet is coming loose from the inside.

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs