Thursday, February 18, 2010

Haiti Frees 8 of 10 Americans

A Haiti judge has released eight of the 10 Americans missionaries being held since being accused of trying to illegally remove 33 children from the country following the January 12 earthquake.
Judge Bernard Sainvil said that most of the Americans were free to leave Haiti without posting bail, on the condition that they return to the country to answer questions in the ongoing investigation.
The missionaries , who are affiliated with two(2) Idaho baptist churches , said they were trying to help the children by taking them to an orphanage in the Dominican Republic.
Later, however , it was learned that some of the parents of the children were still alive, and that one of the Bapist group's legal advisers is wanted on people smuggling charges in the United States and El Salvader, The Associated Press reported.
The leader of the American group, Laura Silsby, and Charles Coulter will not be released from the Port-au-Prnce jail, authorities said, pending further investigation.
Caleb Stegall, an attorney representing four of the freed Americans, released a statement to CNN...........
Their families are relieved and anxious to have them safely home, and we are turning all our energies towards bringing them back as safely and quickly as possible, Stegall wrote.
*******************************
My spin on the missionaries: Here's hoping they were trying to do the write thing and just got caught in a bad situation and be found innocent....there are always some evil person/persons trying to take advantage of people that want to do the right thing. I 'm keeping an eye on this one.
Kicking back and keeping it real:

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nee. You don't need me to help you run this blog.Your posts are good and interesting.I'm glad they released some of the missionaries. I didn't think they were all guilty.

    Brian is very bad . We lost him last night. His breathing stopped,then his heart. They resuscitated him and he remains in serious condition on a breathing machine.
    Steve and I are with him almost 24 hours a day.It's so hard to watch him struggle for breath.
    I had to stay home today to take Nana to her doctors.I will be going up to relieve Steve in an hour or two and will probably stay all night.I'm very tired now and need to nap for a while so I will leave you. I wish you the best dear friend and hope I can join you again sometime.Life is very confusing and not always fair but we have to work with what we get.If I am lucky enough to get Brian back for a while longer, I will fill every minute with happiness and laughter and never take the gift for granted.....Stay well....Your PIC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:10:00 PM

    Hi Jeannie....I am so glad for the update on Brian....
    Let's not think of if you take him home sweetie...but when you take him home that you will fill every moment with happiness and laughter.
    You said "YOUR BRIAN" is a "TOUGH GUY" and remember he has fought many a battle and won...so keep the faith and just believe.
    Right now your world is stormy but we are prayng the storm will be over real soon.
    You feel helpless just sitting and watching him thinking there's nothing you can do...but there is dear friend...here's a few, but I know there are many more.
    Love him,for you are his strength right now.
    Keep the faith and a whole lot of praying...because you are the glue that keep everything together.
    You are much stronger than you think...you are Nana's little Jeannie so lets work some magic.
    Right now you need to get as much rest as you can...between taking care of Nana and seeing about Brian that's about all the time you have, you have a lot on your plate right now.

    You are so right about life is so confusing and not very fair sometime...I agree...it seems the bad people get away with every thing and you try to do the right thing all your life and still get the short end of the stick.
    I feel in my heart you will take Brian home and fulfill your wish.
    I will always be here...my prayers are with you..Your PIC..NEE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:31:00 PM

    Post Script:
    I will always need you but right now the Rock needs you more and you need to be where your heart is.
    Thankyou for the compliment on te posts,see I did learn something.

    When the Rock come home we won't be chatting all night as before, we will just leave each other notes .
    Jeannie I will always need you.
    So take it easy, rest so you will have strength to care for your man when he come home.
    Maybe you can ask Jaye to leave me a note on how you are doing .

    PIC...this will always be your "BLOG", you have a history here.
    I will be leaving you notes here and there.
    If you don't mind I would like to hear how Brian is doing from time to time...
    Take care and as I told you we are a praying bunch down here.
    Take care dear friend and I will be here.....your friend and pal..PIC

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs