Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Victoria Gotti Sings What's It Like Being A Gotti

Mackenzie Phillips isn't the only famous daughter spilling all about her controversial father. Victoria Gotti has penned "This Family of Mine: What it Was Like Growing Up Gotti," writing frankly about her father John , the dapper Mafia Don who died of cancer in 2002. Victoria,46,says that writing about her life and infamous family "wasn't something I ever wanted to do. Victoria says she had a lot of reserverations. But she also felt that there was things my sons needed to know---things that wasn't told to them as they was growing up--the heartache, the pain, the suffering."
In her compelling page-turner, Victoria spills about everything from her parents abusive childhoods to shawowy, secert Mafia ceremonies her father and brother John Junior participated in. She also reveals an independent spirit that was at odds with her old-school dad.
Victoria says , ever since she was a little girl,she wanted to be rich and famous, she candidly confesses.I wanted to write a book.My dad didn't get it. He said, your husband provides for you. Why do you want to be on the hot seat? But I was angry enough with that life that I was not going to let it take over mine.
My take on this:Victoria you have come a long way from the life you know so well...I am proud of you for speaking out, I enjoyed your crazy show and your boys was a hoot,but the best part I enjoyed was when you invited dad and I on ,and dad talked about the John he knew, he was a much different person in his private life, all about his family.....These old men will take a lot to their grave with them. Good luck with your book!!!
Victoria's book is $27 at amazon.com
Kicking back with : CUPCAKE

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:44:00 PM

    It's storming non-stop here. one storm pass over and another pick up ,I wonder when it will end.
    Had a little break, hoping the storms had pass over for a little while, but no they are back for the night.
    I did get a chance to post something, before the storms picked up again.

    I like the camel toe posts, remember the media made a feild day out of Michelle Obama's camel toe, now she do have a fat one.
    I will see you tomorrow , and hope your day is going well and it has warmed up a bit.
    Take care and I will see you later......CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the Gotti family show.I watched it a few times.Victoria is a strong woman.More intelligent than she gets credit for. I hope her book is successful.On which season were you a guest??I may have been looking right at you and not known.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:05:00 PM

    Finally got a chance to get back
    It was season 1--Sept.2004
    It was fun, but not a thing I would like to do weekly, to much hustle /bustle.

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs