Sunday, August 16, 2009

Poll..All Time Favorite Groups or Singers

Ask people of various ages about their favourite music and what do you get? Perhaps more common ground between the generations than you'd expect.
A Pew Research Center survey found the Beatles high on the list of every age group. Other acts from the 1960s and 1970s proved to be popular among people who were too young to have known them when they performed. Like I've always believed, the music from the seventies was inspired...it excelled.


Among those under 30, Michael Jackson was the No. 1 pick. For those 30-49, the Eagles won out. People 50-64 picked the Beatles - the winners overall. For those over sixty five, Frank Sinatra can't be beat. In all groups, the Beatles came a close second.
Rock was the favourite type of music for every age group except for those over sixty five. Older people preferred country music, followed by classical.


Top 20 acts in the poll: (in order of popularity)
1. Beatles
2. Eagles
3. Johnny Cash
4. Michael Jackson
5. Elvis Presley
6. Rolling Stones
7. Aretha Franklin
8. Frank Sinatra
9. Carrie Underwood
10. Garth Brooks
11. Jimi Hendrix
12. Bruce Springsteen
13. Mariah Carey
14. Bob Dylan
15. Jefferson Airplane
16. Nirvana
17. Madonna
18. Coldplay
19. Kanye West
20. Grateful Dead

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:43:00 PM

    I have always love the Beatles, you better believe old "Blue Eyes' is my favorite of all times.Love Aretha Franklin...
    One that I like that's not on there is the wild woman "TINA TURNER", you should see me strut my stuff as Tina.[giggles]I can sound like Aretha when she sing I heard it through the grapevine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:08:00 PM

    I left you comments on the posts just in case I didn't make it back.
    Look on the two invention post,have one on the Charlie post. Saturday we went to the new Jazz Club,had a gteat time.
    Don't be angry with Brian,maybe he wanted to be well rested for the lake.
    We enrolled the girls in school today and made arrangements for the to start after Labor Day.Then off to the doctor to see about my eyes, well they are wanting to do cataract surgery,doctor told me some time ago it would have to be done.
    I have to get clearance from my primary doctor,no problem.
    I will be scheduled in September, as and out patient,it will take about 3/4 hours at the most.
    I missed our chats,but I will see you this evening....LUV..PIC...NEE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear you have to have the cataract surgery.I've had it.It irritates your eyes for a day or two.It's no big deal.
    I had no choice.I couldn't bloody well see anything.Age is not a factor.I met a thirty four year old having cataract surgery.
    It will really help your sight.

    The twins went off with Bio today for a week.I hope he takes care of Jake.It's so hot up here now.Canada's Wonderland is a huge place and Jakey will get exhausted or heat stroke if they don't take care.See ya later honey.I'll go see your other comments.

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs