Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Kung Fu A Legend No More

David Carradine's death leaves many questions unanswered. No TV actor has died under circumstances as mysterious as those that surround David Carradine. He was best known for playing Kung Fu's Kwai Chang Caine from 1972 to 1975. Carradine was found hanging naked from a rope in the closet of a Bangkok hotel suite last Friday. The actor was in Thailand shooting a movie, 'Stretch'.From the intitial police reports, it appeared that Carradine had committed suicide.Later in the day, however, The Bangkok Post reported that the Kill Bill star had in fact been found curled up in the wardrobe with a shoelace tied around his genitals and neck in an apparent case of autoerotic asphyxiation gone wrong. Still other reports stated that Carradine was found with his hands tied behind his back.Then, photos in the Thai Rath newspaper taken at the scene indicated that Carradine's hands were bound together above his head.It's easy to understand why the actor's family feels that his death may have been the result of foul play. They've asked the FBI to launch an investigation.Adding to the air of mystery is this article from The New York Post that suggests that Carradine may have been killed by a secret society of kung fu assassins. According to his attorney, Mark Geragos, Carradine had been trying to uncover groups working in the martial arts underworld. In an interview on Larry King Live, the attorney noted, "David was very interested in investigating and disclosing secret societies."Over the past 200 years, many secret societies within kung fu once considered philanthropic have turned to criminal activities. According to his lawyer, Carradine sought to expose them.This accusation illustrates a striking parallel between Carradine, a student of martial arts since landing the lead role on Kung Fu, and Bruce Lee, whom many conspiracy theorists believe was killed in 1973 by the Triads, a Chinese secret society.Still, the possibility remains that Carradine did pass away during an act of autoerotic asphyxiation. During his 2003 divorce from third wife Marina Anderson, the actor was accused of enjoying "potentially deadly" sex acts.So what's the real truth behind David Carradine's mysterious death? We may never know.

24 comments:

  1. I'm leaning toward the "Assassination by a secret Kung Fu Sect" theory as the most plausible explanation for Carradine's death

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does make sense.He has been probing and investigating the martial arts "Mafia" for years.
    Undoubtedly made a few enemies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:45:00 PM

    No way will I and others believe Carradine committed suicde.True he was a weird old coot in so many ways.David Carradine liked kinky sex to much to go out that way.His fourth wife is writing a book,she has put it on hold for the time being..the mystrey continues,what goes in the wash comes out in the rinse..
    Job well done ....PIC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katherine1:06:00 PM

    I will miss Mr. Carradine, I did like him in the Kung Fu movies and the series with Chris Potter.

    I am not so on board with a tell all book though. I think some things should just not be written about, especially if the person is not here to defend themselves. But it is her right, I do recognize that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Katherine.A tell all book always does collateral damage.The central figure always has children or parents and friends,innocent people, who get hurt.
    In this case,waiting a while will only peak people's interest, because of the flurry of publicity surrounding his death.Now she can edit her book and make it more sensational without reprisal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:30:00 PM

    His fourth wife put the book on hold out of respect for the family.The ex was working on it for a long time. But thats the way the rich get richer. I have always said,if you don't want something known,leave it in the closet. The ex would make a fortune in no time.When you live in the public eye tou have to be mindful of your actions,and yes he was one of my bad boys,I don't have to defend him,because David Carradine was unique.Not like a lot of these wanna be's if you get my meaning..HA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:08:00 PM

    Wasn't there a hint of a mystery surrounding "Bruce Lee's" death?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katherine5:43:00 PM

    Yes CC there is some kind of conspiracy theory on Bruce Lee...not sure exactly what though...

    ReplyDelete
  9. He was one of my bad boys also.My list is getting shorter.I don't think Jack Nicholson will be with us too much longer either.Just a feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:12:00 PM

    My list is getting shorter also,at least they don't have mid life crisis.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:17:00 PM

    Katherine ..Bruce wasn't suppose to teach the art form of "kung Fu".as most people know it is a secret "Sect"..I think they have been after David a long time,finally got him with Kinky Sex. That's just my take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous6:23:00 PM

    Jack Nicholson,now that's my man,he is truly a bad boy in all sense of the word,love all his movies,I don't think he will be with us longer...lordy,thse women love to ride his pole.hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katherine6:37:00 PM

    CC

    They say truth is stranger then fiction so I would not be surprised by that how he died. But I will never believe suicide.

    And Yes, Jack Nicholson is what defined the term Bad Boy, no one is badder than him, and he does get all the women still...

    Amazing some of these men.

    Jack isnt married though is he?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous7:14:00 PM

    Katherine
    No jack has never married,he is well respected by his peers,a great guy,he's at every Lakers game with his son.
    I am suprise you never heard things about David Carradine and his kinky sex habits,living in L.A. and all...what celebrities do you know besides DC ?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous7:19:00 PM

    I think everyone was aware of Bruce Lee ,a story was made of his life.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Katherine7:23:00 PM

    CC

    DC is really the only one I know, although I have met Adam from the show before, briefly. I live in such a different world from these folks and I admit to not paying much attention to things like that. I find it hard, mainly because of DC's reputation with the tabs to read stuff of people, especially when it comes to their sex lives. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous8:12:00 PM

    Thats what makes them bad is the things they do.
    No it don't make any sense,because thats mostly all we talk about.Dave's sex life is no different from the rest,he just disrespect women,and that I can never condone in a man,how long have you lived in L.A. I know a lady that talks a lot and really don't say anything..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous8:15:00 PM

    Jeannie...the commented has the same name as David Carradine in Kung Fu.That is what his master/trainer called him as a boy...grasshopper,,

    ReplyDelete
  19. Katherine8:29:00 PM

    CC

    I have lived in LA for a few years now. I know you cant understand why DC and I are friends, but he has so few friends left and I wont leave a friend. He is a person who really needs one. Whether he ever changes or not is not for me to say but there is always hope.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous8:34:00 PM

    I have no problem with you being his friend, hell he is family.Do you ever wonder why he has no friends?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous8:41:00 PM

    You known Dave since Paris,that have been a while.Dave's reputation have nothing to do with what we talk about and is about their sex lifes ,privates lifes whatever.
    Katherine ...if there are things you don't want to talk about ,just spit it out,and I will not ask you anything,I don't mean to pry,just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Katherine8:42:00 PM

    I have wondered although I am sure I know the answer to the question of why he has no friends. It surprises me that we are friends really considering his behavior and problems!

    We have talked together of his issues and things and I have made certain suggestions on how to change it, oh heck CC, I have told him off numerous times and what he ought to do....lol

    Happy Tuesday Gals!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes I remember Grasshopper.HI, Nee,Hi Katherine.

    Here's what I think happened.The martial arts underworld wanted to get rid of him, so they planned to strangle him to death and make it look like a autoerotic accident.Very clever,huh?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Katherine9:53:00 PM

    Hiya Jeannie!

    If you were going to kill someone wouldnt it be in your best interest to make it look like an accident though? Or maybe they tried that and it failed?

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs