Tuesday, March 03, 2009

What Happened to My Knight in Shining Armor?

Where did he go?My hero,the guy who would slay dragons for me,who promised to take care of me forever,who adored me,lusted after me,is conspicuously absent these days.He seems more like a business partner now.We discuss mutually important things,like finances and children and of course health issues,since he had a catastrophic heart attack.We make all decisions together,very democratically.

Of course,I know he cares for me,as I care for him,but we used to make each other laugh so much.We used to have our own language,little signals,we both understood.We looked forward to coming home ,just to see each other.We touched more and held each other more,not necessarily in a sexual way.Although,an innocent touch would often turn to passion.It was wonderful that my closest friend and companion was also the man who could turn me on just by smiling and winking at me.I could make him hot for me by raising an eyebrow.I used to call him 'Mr Eveready',because he was.Even our friends called him by that nickname.

Okay,I know we're older.Those hot sexy feelings get diluted,and maybe we 've started taking each other for granted.We have the added problem of his heart condition.It's the closeness,I'm not feeling lately.Where's the closeness and the love?I've also noticed that my husband is touchy and easier to annoy than he used to be.Is it possible that I'm more persnickedy too?Where is this going?I don't know.

All I know,is that if your relationship is an old one,you run the risk of neglecting it,thinking it will always be there.You think it won't change,but like anything else that needs nourishment,it can starve to death.I'm not about to let that happen.I'm starting a campaign to bring back the closeness.

My 'Knight in Shining Armor'may never come back,but I'll settle for the court jester,as long as we think the world of each other.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:43:00 AM

    Jeannie...your post is so very touching...it made me stop and think about what you/sis have said to me so often.
    There have been so much going on for you/Brian in the last few years.Brian's catastropic heart attack...your dad/the grands/now Nana...take the time to give the nouristment to the relationship,you will find the closeness is still there.
    Men are funny animals,much different from women,they will try to hide their feeling from us,always the brave ones....
    Brian will always be your ever-ready man....It's there sweetie..The closeness,love ,it's all there ...it have not gone anywhere...
    "BRIAN"will aways be your"KRIGHT"in shining armor...never a "COURT JESTER"...
    One thing I know our men are worry about where the economy is headed.Brian is a gentle man,he worries about his employees also.
    Just hold him close dear friend,Brian will be his grabby self soon...if only our men could just cry like we do....so take the time to find your Knight...we can always keep each other up to date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:47:00 AM

    Jeannie ...I hope you got some good news from Nana's two tests.
    I know you are very busy and it is hectic...take time to see about Brian/family.....we can always talk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for your comments.They meant a lot to me.We are having lots of ups and downs lately.I'm sure we'll come through it.
    But he's still acting like an ass today.
    I hope you are feeling better.Don't you dare pick Jill up,even if you are tempted,or anything heavy.And definitely no choochie action...HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:32:00 PM

    I am being good,just laying around,finding things out about the bears/greenhouse gases...no choochie,I can't get to the dngle,Gil is sleeping with his pj's on(GIGGLES).

    Jeannie do you think Brian just has cabin fever,he's just ready to buy a new boat.If Nana is feeling pretty good one evening this weekend,rent a movie...get a good bottle of wine,have a glass...you snuggle in his arms ...talk or just let him hold you close...no words needed...you are Brian's world my "FRIEND"the love we have from our men ,comes once in a lifetime.
    Tell Brian he better straighten up and fly right,if not I will be there like a bat out of hell with my little black iron skillet.(GIGGLES)tell him I am rougher than Katrina/Rita and he know what they did....brought New Orleans to her knees.hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll tell Brian about the skillet.I,ve got one of those iron ones in the cupboard.I may need backup though,be ready to fly up here...HA!

    I don't feel very romantic.If we had a bottle of wine right now I'd probably tell him to shove it up his ass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll tell Brian about the skillet.I,ve got one of those iron ones in the cupboard.I may need backup though,be ready to fly up here...HA!

    I don't feel very romantic.If we had a bottle of wine right now I'd probably tell him to shove it up his ass.

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs