Monday, March 02, 2009

My Great-Grandmother the Madame Part 2


Well,lets get started,where we left off,shall we?
Josie was becoming quite a wealthy and well known woman.She had the best looking women.If you were not getting the honey at home,you could come up to one of Josie's houses.....you would get the loving that you only dreamed about.There was no rough stuff .All the ladies were treated with respect.If the men got out off line, I am told Josie had some of the biggest and blackest bucks she could find.(GIGGLES).
The saying was,in those parts,you act up at one of Josie's houses,your ass would disappear.
I have heard all my life ,Louisiana has more crooks than any other state.It's said ,that is the reason we have parishes.The other states have counties.Go figure.Josie's Captain came to visit her for the last time when their daughter was about fifteen(15).She,dear friends,was my father's mother.The captain stayed about three (3) months .It is not known what happened to him.We know he was an Englishman.He had a wife and kids ,but that is about all we know of our great-grandfather,only that he loved Josie very much.It is said that he retired ...stayed in England with his wife and children.Some say his ship went down at sea.I like to think he stayed at home with his family.Whatever happened,I thank you gramps, for giving Josie ,a daughter(ROSE),my grandmother.I am told,she would have made you proud.
Josie was thinking of retiring,when her brothers-in-law told her,they would run the business for her.
That's how Josie got in the bootlegging business.There was a lot of wooded area around Josie's,to put up stills for making the moonshine.The men didn't have to worry,because all four(4) of them were in law enforcement,one way or the other...I am told they made pretty good money.
Well,Josie retired when Rose reached maturity...she married at the old age of seventeen(17) years .I am told Rose had a lot of spunk...strong will....a mind of her own.She had three children,two girls,one boy.Lordy I am glad she had him.You see he was my father.Rose ruled her family with a iron fist....I am told my grandfather was a large and gentle man.My daddy was the middle child .He had all of Josie's business sense.
Josie never wanted any of her children to go into the business.She sold her house and moved into town..which is known as the French Quarters.It is said Josie was never the same after her sea captain left for good.I'm told,she always said she would make the same choices again,for her children....
Stay tuned ...to be continued........

33 comments:

  1. Just excellent,fascinating.It would make a good book or a movie.A very exciting and colorful character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:46:00 PM

    (GIGGLES)The baby machine is trying to get a book deal/movie.I really would like to know what happen to the Sea Captain...I don't know where Daisy got the picture...Daisy is my sister the preacher's wife..now that is a nutcase....Sis twin said our great-granddaddy died from getting to much black p***y..if so I know he left here happy...hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know the sea captain's name.Don't forget my grandad was an English sea captain.Wouldn't that be a hoot if he was your great grandad.he was in his forties when he married my grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of the octo mom.Why doesn't she become a surrogate for other people?She's a proven child bearer.I've heard she likes delivering babies.She could make a lot of money and not produce more of her own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:40:00 PM

    They are still looking into the family.Now that would be something to tell the captain...hahaha I made a funny,it was in the 1800's,he was tall ,dark hair,good looking man...he loved to dance...a real gentleman....we are trying to find what happen..you know that would be a hoot...stranger things have happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:48:00 PM

    Sis said maybe we could get "TYLER PERRY" to write it and star in it as Josie...He wrote/starred in a "MAD BLACK WOMAN"...he would be perfect...I got home around 10am,not to much pain,just a little sore...I have all kinds of pills,they make me sleepy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How's your bellyache?Are you resting comfortably?Got some more of those painkillers?
    I'm trying to write a post but it's not going too well.My mind keeps wandering.
    Wonder where Heidi is right now and how she's holding up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is Jill okay?I remember when My mom was taken away in an ambulance in the middle of the night.I broke my heart.She had an ectopic pregnancy.Her tube burst.It had turned gangreen.She had felt so ill but thought it was just a rough pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:02:00 PM

    I think the ladies is upset with Gil...they was over and wanted to know if I was still going to speak next week...I didn't know Gil was in his study..he was out there like a bat out of hell...he told them no...He told them the only thing beside my family that I was going to be involved in is my bears...if they wanted to help fine,if not so be it...he said I don't know how to say no...but he do...He don't get angry fast,he was mad...he said Jean`ne is going to keep her butt home more...He said he"s got in touch with some one over in Fort Worth,Texas,I should hear from them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:10:00 PM

    Jill is O.K. I think...that is only the second time she has been away from me...I think she was o.k. she had Gilly to see about..I was in the lounge when the nurses let them in .
    No one is saying a word....I wonder why Monroee haven't stop by to let us know what is going on in the circle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:15:00 PM

    Someone say she may not have to do to much time ,since this her first,I wonder if this is what Monroe meant when she said watch the tabs...Abe says nothing have come through on this end...Sara is taking all the glory...poor old lost "DODO" bird..(GIGGLES) I think Heide will be back...so do they.hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous9:29:00 PM

    Nan said she dropin there ,they don't have anything to say much,now they have begin to find fault with the show...hell it was a third rate show .Now that Heide is gone...the show don't get much PR,I think a lot of people was tuning to see what she was talking,it always bored the shit out of me..I'm keeping an eye out for her,if there is a way for her to get a word out ,she will...I hope her family be there for her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't hink she will do any jail time but she may spend a few months in a mental health facility,with a recommendation that she continue therapy afterwards.
    She will be back on line in no time at all.At least she will be a free woman with nothing to fear.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous9:31:00 PM

    Well I feel my drugs is taking over ,so I will talk more tomorrow..nite sweetie NEE

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous9:33:00 PM

    I will be glad to hear from ner...hope she is over DC

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also hope her family stands up for her and takes care of her.She's not finished yet.

    Now that she 's not critisizing the show,others can see what a crappy production it is.They will fall away from it and find another celeb to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous9:35:00 PM

    I wonder what they think of Sara now

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous9:36:00 PM

    I have always wonder how they picked her.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sara is flying high with victory.She thinks she captured vix single handed.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous9:37:00 PM

    Heide know how to find us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. SHe will find us you know.I wonder how we will handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous9:39:00 PM

    I think the Loons is going to turn on her real soon.Dave haven't said a word

    ReplyDelete
  23. They thought Dave would call them,gushing with gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous9:41:00 PM

    We will just be her friend..not share the blog with her...we don't neeg the hate.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I completely agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous9:43:00 PM

    Dave wasn't thinking about a stalker...It was them...I also wonder how they know what happen

    ReplyDelete
  27. Get some rest sweetie.Your post was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous9:44:00 PM

    what I read is that she only wrote letters.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Dave never gave the stalker another thought after the first incident.

    ReplyDelete
  30. i read the same thing,just letters.
    According to the loons she propositioned him.Offered him a blow job.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous9:47:00 PM

    I will ...one thing we never turned our backs...I will talk more tomorrow..goodnite NEE

    ReplyDelete
  32. Rest well,get better...luv

    ReplyDelete
  33. Anonymous9:49:00 PM

    He would have took it hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs