Monday, March 23, 2009

How to Stay Married For the Rest of Your LIfe

On the occasion of my anniversary,I have decided to impart a little of my life experience.Although I'm not a trained expert in this field,I've learned a lot of things the hard way.(That is,by doing it wrong the first time)

When you marry,you should believe in your heart that it will be forever.If you don't,you're starting off on the wrong foot.For example,if you demand a prenuptial agreement,aren't you already foreseeing the end of the relationship,the dissolution of the marriage?You have to believe this is the only person in the world you want to spend the rest of your life with.If your heart and mind are in that place,then you've made a good start.
So before you make that leap of faith you should take your time and make absolutely certain you have picked the right partner.It's not only exciting and wonderful,keep in mind you are entering a binding legal contract and the biggest personal and financial transaction of your life.

Ask yourself a few questions.If you became ill would you trust this person with your medical care,maybe your life?Would you trust them with all your money and property?Can you love their parents?(you'll find out how important that is)
Do you want your children to be just like them? Do you want to change certain things about them?Are your goals the same?Are your tastes the same?Do you enjoy the same lifestyle?Do religious differences have significance?Does your partner have a good sense of humor?(boy,is that important)Finally,do you really know this person well?(You don't want unpleasant surprises later when you've tied the knot.)
Never marry with the expectation that you can change what you don't like about someone.You can't.You have to accept the whole package.

People who are thirty and older can put sexual attraction in it's proper perspective a little better.Marrying a little older is a good idea.If you are bowled over by physical attraction,you should stop and think how you'll feel when you've both got an extra twenty pounds around the waist and a few wrinkles.Will you still want take a romantic walk on the beach?Don't place too much importance on that powerful sexual feeling.Yes,it's important,but over time it becomes diluted and you may be left with not much else that matters.

Certain decisions should be made before you marry.Decide on your objectives.When you're going to buy a house,who is going to raise the children and who is going to work.If you are both going to work,you have to divide household responsibilities.This is a partnership and one partner should not be more burdened than the other.Marriage is hard work,but it is so worth the effort.It is very satisfying and very fulfilling.

Your spouse should be your best friend and should be treated as such.If you don't think of them that way,or they don't think of you that way,maybe you should reconsider.

So,marry,be joyful,be prosperous and tomorrow,I'll give you some tips on how to stay married.At least the ones that worked to keep my marriage alive and well.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:24:00 AM

    Well I'm glad you enjoyed your anniversary with the ever-ready man
    I bet the rock was ready...even if he was asleep (GIGGLES)
    Thanks---you may not be a an trained expert...you know the ways of the heart(by doing)you are a credit to womanhood---I can always depend on you to answer my questions truthful...you are wise my friend...as I have said,I have learned and became interested in many things since meeting you.My man is my best friend...as you said we had to work out some problems that we made before marrying...thanks to you,it is fine now...I am listening,so thanks for the words of wisdom...I also listen about doing the nasty...
    it's good in it's place...it is the closeness that count...Hey I am learning...(GIGGLES) NEE
    PS: See what a good girl you are turning me into...hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I hope I don't turn you into a complete goody two shoes.You won't be any fun to play with anymore.Just to make sure you keep a little bit of naughty in you,every once in a while,maybe you should stick your head out of the window and scream all the bad naughty words you know and flash your boobs at a passing car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:47:00 PM

    I will never be a goody-two shoes.I love to do the nasty to much.
    Can't flash my boobs (GIGGLES)Gilly will be hanging on to them.
    I will just have to flash the choochie and run like hell...hahaha
    I will always be bad...more fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:49:00 PM

    I scream all the bad words I know...shit ,I will be in that window a month,and still not finished.hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs