Thursday, January 01, 2009

Kids!

They make us laugh, the make us cry and sometimes we are stunned speechless by their infinite wisdom..

A few years ago my daughter was crazy about her Nitendo DSDS console. She spend every free minute working that thing. She would never go anywhere without it. When asked what she wanted for her birthday it was always a Nitendo DSDS game.
It was a few days past Christmas. While shopping for groceries she had descovered that the store had a DSDS-game for sale she had seen on TV.She asked me if we could buy the game, please? (Despite the fact that Santa had brought her already 3 games).
I told her next week. And that I didn't have the money right now. (Those games sell for 40 bucks a piece!)
She looked at me , shrugged and said matter-of-factly: "Then go to the ATM and get some!"
LOL!

Oh well, the world would be a great place if things would be that easy, wouldn't it? Bless her spunk...
*
An equally spunky kid:

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:50:00 PM

    "KIDS"
    (GIGGLES) She is smart like her mother,it sure is great to know I have friends I can go to when I am stumped about what to say to mine,because kids are smart...some has more sense than grown-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, she got it the next week. She bugged me and bugged me until I bought it. They are little rascals when it comes to get what they want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They think the money grows in those bank machines,free for the taking.

    Sammy has it figured out a little differently.If you write a cheque,it doesn't matter for what amount,the bank will give you that exact amount.
    I'll be visiting Sam in jail by the time he's twelve.

    A few years ago,we had a very enterprising paper boy.I wanted to give him a twenty dollar Christmas present but I was short on cash,so I gave him a cheque.My bank called me the next day and asked me to verify a cheque for two hundred dollars,that looked a little fishy.The little toad had changed the amount and didn't think anyone would notice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do. I always pay with debit or credit card. I only get cash when I need it. She often watched me get some money from the ATM. So she figured, if Mum doesn't have any ATM's are the solution.

    I see, Sam is an equally clever boy...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been visiting all day,very tiring.We're still a little shaky.
    We're both glad the season is over.

    It's fucking cold up here today Vix.
    Well I better go out and kill a moose Brian's hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well 76 during the day, 38 during the night. Brrr.......I have made myself comfortable with the lappy, the TV remote and some chips....

    Moose...sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The people around us in the store had the same reaction.

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs