Sunday, December 28, 2008

THIS IS HOW I FEEL

Christmas is over and I've got the flu.I always get that post Christmas let-down every year,any way.Having the flu just exaggerates the blues.
All the stress,all the excitement,the parties,the guests and the huge amount of cooking,all done for another year.
Another stress is gift buying and giving.I get so upset if the gift does not go over well with the recipient.You want to see big,happy smiles on all their faces.
I've never been able to accept,that I can't make everyone happy.It's my job to make everyone happy.The job's getting bigger as the family expands and I'm not getting any younger.
I've always felt,that you shouldn't have kids,if you can't make them happy.
Who needs more miserable people in the world?Do we want the miserable people running the world?NO!We want happy people running the world,making happy decisions.Then war will become obsolete. And,that's my simplistic,if somewhat unrealistic,view.
Taking down the decorations and denuding the tree make me sad.It marks the end of the year for me.Year's end is sad,like the death of a friend.Although there are a few years I'd like to forget about altogether.
I've never really understood the celebration of the new year.The only interpretation I can put on it,is that we are pinning all our hopes on the new year and trying to coax it into a good and favorable mood by singing,dancing and boozing.It just seems a little paganistic(if that's a word).

Well this introspection is not cheering me up.I think I'll go take a cold tablet and blow my nose.'Happy whatever'.

6 comments:

  1. Oh poor Jeannie. Don't fret you can put up all the stuff in 12 months again...and before you know it, EASTER BUNNY will be here and you can decorate once again. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:51:00 PM

    You are so right we say we will tone it down a bit but it just keep snowballing,I think we needs a little distraction from all the bad things thats happening.
    Glad you are feeling better Jeannie don't over do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx Vix.
    Yes,I must gather decorations and eggs and bunnies and chocolate.
    OH! I feel so much better now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad, I could be of help. I always have a slightly sarcastic look on things. It helps me to keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little sarky too.We're a good team.Don't worry,I understand the humor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's good to know too.

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs