Monday, November 10, 2008

I want one just like the one on the picture!

People who know us are well aware that we like to indulge in Fast Food from time to time. Equipped with a good metabolism we can eat what we want we hardly ever put on weight.

A few days ago, after we had been busy working our computer, our friend invited us to a late breakfast - at Carls Jr. From all the burger-selling places - McDonalds, BurgerKing etc - we like Carls Jr the most. While the prices are equal the personnel at Carls Jr. is much friendlier and they serve you the burger at the table.

Hungry we ordered the Carls-Jr-Monster-Breakfast. The picture outside the restaurant looked so yummy. We just had to have it. After odering and paying we sat down to enjoy our breakfast.
When we opened the wrapping paper we where disappointed.
The "monster breakfast" was only half the size of the one one the picture.
The bacon didn't look as yummy as on the picture.
The egg didn't look like on the picture.
The bun was only half the size.
In short our breakfast didn't look like the one on the picture.

We waved tothe friendly employee and asked him what he had served us.
"Carls Jr Monster Breakfast!" he answered.
We pointed out that the Monster Breakfast we got served didn't look like the one on the picture.
"But this is a Monster Breakfast!" the employee shrugged before he stalked off. (Meaning, that is all you get - like it or not!)

What do we learn from all this?

Just because something looks good/yummy on a picture doesn't mean it looks that way in reality too.
And that goes not only for burgers...LOL

5 comments:

  1. Boy,those are words to live by Vix.In fact it could be my whole philosophy on life.

    Nothing ever turns out as good as it is in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so mad. If it wouldn't have been such a yummy picture I wouldn't have bought the burger. i would have settled for French Toast.

    I hate bluff packages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing wrong with advertising,as long as you can live up to it.I've never found a product yet that could.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I painted a portrait for a lady some years ago.It was of her son.

    He was without a doubt the ugliest kid I had ever seen(IN MY LIFE)
    Naturally she thought he was beautiful.I didn't want to do the picture,but she begged me.(portraits sre not my strong suit)
    He was in school and soccer and had no time to sit for me so I worked from about twenty or so photographs.

    I softened all the bad features as much as possible and made his hair look silky and his eyes sparkle and improved his coloring.

    It still looked enough like him to make his parents so happy they gave me a bonus.His mom said it looked exactly like him.

    Anyone else would have said he REALLY didn't look as good as the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs