Thursday, November 13, 2008

EYE OF THE BEHOLDER

Art can be beautiful at first glance.Some-
times you have to look a little deeper to find the beauty.Sometimes it's just fucking ugly,but there is always someone who sees something wonderful in it.
Paintings and scultures can speak to you.They can speak volumes if you can tap into the mind of the artist.

I can prove my point.I painted a really fugly picture,but there were actually a few people who appreciated it.They saw something in it.
It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Art sales may be slow at the moment but the art itself does not lose any value just because we're having an economic slump.You can't buy a Rembrandt cheaper just because we're in a recession.
It keeps accruing value,albeit,probably a little slower.People usually put their rare and valuable things away until there's a financial upturn.They won't sell out.

Art is still a good investment and always will be.It's irreplaceable.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:07:00 AM

    Oh Jeannie that is beautiful.
    You have a great talent,you are a very pretty lady,I can see why brian saved you in the snow storm.I am going to learn how to do pictures and put some up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:14:00 AM

    "A PLEA TO GIL"
    Gil Made two copies,one for his study here,one for his office at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliment.I look a bit older now.
    I never liked that painting, but there were a few people who saw something in it.The composition was badly flawed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pleased he liked the poem.
    I can actually write poetry without sexy stuff in it.Haven't done it for a while though.
    Why are you up so late?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a nice pictutre. I like the colors. They soothe me. Did you sell it? I guess, it wasn't for 10 million bucks?
    Art? Eye of the beholder?
    Reminds me of my grandmother who had a huge picture of a deer in the morning mist hanging above her bed.
    She loved it dearly. I thought it was cheesy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:36:00 AM

    It was somewhat less than 10 million.When a painting goes wrong, you get disheartened,and if you keep working it,it just keeps getting worse.This was one of those situations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:56:00 PM

    Jeannie, look in the bitch is back,Tinker left me a comment,I posted it and invited her back,take a look.(giggles)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where? Wanna see too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:05:00 PM

    Vixen..Look in my post "the bitch is back

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you. Left a comment there for Tinkerbell aka Crazy Lacy..just because. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs