Tuesday, November 25, 2008

COMPLETE IDIOTS

Late,one summer night,my boyfriend,Brian,and I were driving home from a dinner with friends .We had enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.We may have consumed a few too many cocktails.That bit's a little fuzzy.We were laughing
hysterically at a joke someone had told at dinner,when,
one of us,(we were never sure who)said,"Let's move in to-gether". It was a big moment in our relationship.

At the next traffic light we kissed.
That was all Brian ever needed,to take it to the next level.At that moment I wanted to take it to the next level too,quite urgently,but the light changed.
I telegraphed to him,in the usual ways of women,that I wanted him,right now.I saw his eyes gleam knowingly,and he started looking around for a romantic spot.
Unfortunately,we were on a major highway and there was nowhere to stop.We came to an area that had a few buildings.We were both a little desperate at this point.I was teasing him unmercifully,while he drove.Now that I think of it,we did have several potent drinks.

He finally saw a likely looking spot,an abandoned gas station.Grass was growing through the asphalt lot,but it was safe to drive on.We were still too visible from the road,so we drove around the back of the building.It was black as pitch back there.Okay,time for confession,we were more than a little drunk.

By this time I was tearing at his clothes,and he was understandably,distracted.
Suddenly,the front of the car dipped down with a crash and the wheels spun over some kind of unknown,unseen abyss.I screamed.Brian braked hard but too late.The rest of the car,carried by momentum,followed the front wheels into the great unknown.

We landed with a grinding,tearing,crash of tortured metal.We were too stunned to move for a moment.I wanted to be sure we weren't going to fall farther before I tried to open a door.From what we could see in the headlights,we had driven into some kind of square pit,about five feet deep.
"Well",said Brian,"I think this is where the pumps used to be."It's a good thing we didn't fall into the hole where the gas tanks used to be.That would have been a lot deeper."That's my Brian,a silver lining in every cloud.

I waited at a nearby coffee shop while Brian had the car lifted out with a crane.It had suprisingly little damage.I wondered what he told the truck driver.There just wasn't a logical reason for being back there.Knowing Brian,he told the guy the truth.We laughed about this incident for years.

I tell you what,though,It killed the mood.



21 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:16:00 AM

    Jeannie,I can imagine how you felt,all hot and bother,that happens,glad no one was hurt,but things turn out real good,you are still doing he nasty.Sis says when it don't stand at attention as regular,our men will just hold us and say they love us,and we will still wet our panties,because true love never fade away,boy I wished I was there,I would have fell in the hole laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never sobered up so fast in my life.It was a good lesson about drunk driving.
    It didn't teach me not to touch his dangle while he's driving.I still do that.HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:52:00 PM

    I do to,watch them smile,boy we are bad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:57:00 PM

    ve waited on Vixen to come on line,since early morning,I have the package for her

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where is Vix.She wasn't on line last night.She and I usually talk about midnight,my time.I think it's at nine o'clock her time.

    She wasn't online this morning either.What package?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:20:00 PM

    The one in globe magazine about dave moving Liza out

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:22:00 PM

    It is very strange,hope lappy is not down or she's not sick..Want me to try and send you one

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any idea where she is?Maybe she took a little holiday to see a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:24:00 PM

    I will have to do a small post,so we can talk

    ReplyDelete
  10. no thankyou honey.Are you having a Busy day?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2:26:00 PM

    No idea at all,talk to her before I talk to you,never heard from her

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:28:00 PM

    No I am just waiting on sis ,she is out getting her holiday groove on..hahaha
    Jeannie there 's no new pictures of them,

    ReplyDelete
  13. She'll get back to us.It's just unusual .Hope she's all right

    ReplyDelete
  14. Used to be great when Vipix was around.We're getting a holiday groove on here too .how about you?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous2:30:00 PM

    I know you are going to be busy,I wish you and yours a very happy holiday,I will poping around for a while

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been trying to figure out what Dave is up to.He is full of surprises.You may be right about Amina being pregnant

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous2:34:00 PM

    All done except the ham and turkey,Dad wants Gumbo,with extra large shrimp.Will make him some.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Got to take Sam and Jake to karate.talk to you later..luv..J

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous2:37:00 PM

    Liza lets Dave and Amima keep Palomo...People see them walking,Jeannie I think this happen whenDave started back on CSI

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're kidding.FINALLY we see some evidence of Dave and daughter.I'm surprised Liza has given in on the Amina not being near kids,thing...later

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dad wants Gumbo,with extra large shrimp.

    Delicious! I ate some when we were in Naw'leans....havenly.

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs